Thursday, August 28, 2008

VG and Me

By VG, its video games, be it from the consoles (I own a PlayStation and a PlayStation2), or the PC. Believe me, I started playing VG since I was 5 years old, could install it by 6, and owned at least 15 games before I was in third year of my primary education. It didn't matter to me that 30 percent of the games I owned was not actually suited for my age - I delibrately changed the "blood colour" settings in my first Serious Sam into green to make it look "more realistic".

Now, though, I changed my prefered genre of VG to adventuring RPGs and RTS - role-playing and real-time-strategy for those who didn't know the abbreviations. My favourite? Age of Mythology , Warcraft III (I'd only use it to play DotA, though) , Orochi Warriors (PS2) , and the Digimon World series (2 and 4) , to name a few.

I loved it whenever I executed a move using my character that left his opponent lying and knocked out. I grinned in delight when an opponent army fell for my ruse and was lured out of the safety of his city, only to be completely annihilated by my own, far more superior army. and I simply love it when my Juggernaut just come out and execute a Double Kill in the span of 15 seconds.

Am I addicted?

Nah, I'm just obsessed.

Its what most teens are caught up with, right?

To me, it doesn't matter why I'm so, 'cause I don't think VG is going to be everything in my life. aside from reading and exercising, this proves to be my recreational activity - and one that lets me unleash all of my tension in one go.

So, I'm definitely playing on.

No comments:

Post a Comment