Friday, January 22, 2010

Introspection

I'm the kinda guy who reflects on things most of the time. That's 'cause most of the time, I had no one to talk to. So I talk to myself. My mother says its abnormal, but I think its okay if you only do so around people you know very well (and whom knows you well enough, too).

Anything that crosses your mind deserves introspection, I can tell you that. I believe that thoughts don't flit through your mind without reason, that synapses don't fired in our brains in a certain sequence randomly. Therefore, your thoughts - and even your dreams - are definitely worth pondering over.

Through it, people can learn to see things more differently. Its not for better or for worse, just... different. Some may learn to be better at looking into the minutiae, some may become more adept at spotting the overall trend. Its a bit like observing a forest - some can see the patterns taken by the veins of leaves on each tree, whilst others can spot the distribution of species across the landscape.

One more thing about introspection is that I can ditch every restraint upon myself and actually accept views and thoughts with what logic I had. Plainly speaking, I debate with my alter personality or ego, then embrace the outcome even if it contrasts strongly with my previous views and opinions. The reason for that, I suppose, is that I could shed my pride and accept my own criticisms with grace - something I might not have done willingly if the change of mind is brought about by another person.

I have only one gripe about thinking to myself, though - it happens too fast and too randomly. Not for nothing do they say that thoughts "flit". So sometimes, you'd need a pen and paper, or some other means to record it down, then analyze and interpret it later.

Be as it may, introspection helped me a lot throughout my short life thus far. It never fails me, never cease to surprise me.

No comments:

Post a Comment