Monday, December 17, 2007

On the Week 'Fore Christmas, What I Had Recieved...

...Was a note to ask me - though not in person - to spread word so that the seed of kindness, long buried in someone's heart, may grow into a blooming plant.

And, well, I thought, just in time. So, I decided to see what Christmas has for us to offer. In the olden days, people treat Christmas as a holy tradition. People sang carols, prayed for peace, light candles as a sign that visitors are welcomed. A couple of years later, peoples' lives were better. Christmas turned into a holiday - kids loved to crawled into the bed, excited, fall asleep two seconds later, then wake up in the morning, to find gifts from Father Christmas - actually, it awas their parents, of course.

Now, seeing it as me, no longer a kid, I noticed more and more commercially-orientated Christmas, as do every other holiday. Try walking through one mall, and you'll see a couple of conifer trees, lots of red hats, and more than one Santa Claus when you're lucky. Not that there's no more peace and "holiness" (for lack of better word) in Christmas, but just that I find it harder to see such a point.

So, what can we do this Christmas? Aside from doing the same each year (join the crowd, or stay at home for a rest), try to preserve the "endangered species" that is the original Christmas spirit by doing a special kind deed or two. You can help somebody to reach their destination, carry a load up a floor, or even give a sincere praise to that guy next door.

People feel better after doing something good - if you didn't, see me and I'll give you all my money. Its the satishfaction and peace that you've done something to help hat encourages you to do more. So at least try - spread the love this Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment